Information the equipment can provide
The West Bond wire bonder uses ultrasound to bond wires to metal pads as small as 50 micrometers. The system creates wedge bonds. It can be used to join as many as 21 bond sites before parting off the wire.
- The system is set up for 0.00125 inch diameter aluminum wire.
- The system has the ability to bond both gold and aluminum wires of varying thicknesses.
- The work surface can be viewed through a binocular microscope while bonds are being made.
- The stage can be heated to change bonding characteristics
Fees & Policies
*Equipment is currently in storage.
- Trained On-Campus UT Users: $30/h
- Higher Ed/State Agencies: $54/h
- Corporate Users: $65/h
Facility User Education
To become a user of this instrument please sign up for the next available NT201 facility user education class. External/Corporate users must contact the facility manager to setup an account before attending facility user education classes.