Information the equipment can provide
TMI maintains two older Atomic Force Microscopes from Park Scientific Instruments. These AFMs are aimed at high resolution surface topography. Only experienced AFM users will be allowed to use these AFMs.
Park Scientific Instruments Autoprobe CP-Research
- The AutoProbe CP-‐R instruments consists of a CP-R probe head, a manual XY stage , a motorized Z stage and a 5 microns scanner.
- Configurated with a high resolution 5 micrometers piezo scanner with a maximum vertical range of 2.5 microns.
- The system is set to operate in contact and LFM mode
- Sensor are premounted: Coated Sharpened Microlevers MSCT-MT-A (former MSCT-AUNM)
Park Scientific Instruments XE-100
- Configured with a 50 microns scanner specialized for high-resolution non-contact AFM.
- Pre-mounted AFM sensors: PPP-NCHR
Fees & Policies
- Hourly fees
- Trained On-Campus UT Users: $10/h.
- Higher Ed/State Agencies: $77/h.
- Corporate Users: $100/h.
Facility User Education
To become a user of this instrument please contact Raluca Gearba to schedule a training session. Only experienced AFM users will be allow to sue these AFMs.
External/Corporate users must sign a “Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)” before receiving training. The MOU can be obtained from Raluca Gearba.