Information the equipment can provide
The fluorimeter was purchased from the Horiba Jobin Yvon company in 2010 and it has a fluorescence spectral range from 300-1400nm. The fluorimeter takes lifetime measurements of both fluorescence and phosphorescence with a time resolution up to 200 ps. The excitation sources include a 450 W ozone-free Xenon arc lamp, flash lamp, and pulsed nanoLEDs. The excitation and UV-Visible emission spectrometer is a double grating Czerny-Turner with 1200 groove/mm gratings blazed at 500nm with a best possible resolution of 0.1nm. The IR emission spectrometer is a single grating Czerny-Turner. The system includes a cuvette holder for solutions and a holder for solid state samples. The software will calculate anisotropies of samples, along with anisotropy decay using software controlled polarizers.
- Fluorescence spectral range: 300 to 14oo nm
- Spectral resolution of 0.1 nm
- Time resolution of 300 ps for life time measurements using pulsed LED light sources covering a broad spectral range (see below)
- Cuvette and solid state sample holders
- Motorized polarizers for anisotropy measurements
For more technical information please visit the Horiba website.
Fees & Policies
- Trained On-Campus UT Users: $22/h
- Higher Ed/State Agencies: $78/h
- Corporate Users: $196/h
Facility User Education
To become a user of this instrument please sign up for the next available NT224 (general use) and NT225 (lifetime measurements) facility user education classes. External/Corporate users must contact CNM to setup an account before attending facility user education classes.
NT224 Fee: $33.00
NT225 Fee: $33.00