Information the equipment can provide
The TGA/DSC 1 instrument was purchased in 2009 from Mettler-Toledo and has a micro-balance and a thermocouple sensor to simultaneously measures heat flow in addition to weight change as a function of temperature.
- Sensitivity detected: – microgram resolution (~2 microgram) over the whole measurement range
- Efficient automation: most reliable sample robot for high sample throughput (load up to 32 samples)
- Broad temperature scale: analyze samples from ambient to 1100 °C
- DSC heat flow measurement: for simultaneous detection of thermal events using a single thermocouple
- Gas controller: air and nitrogen gases are available. Other gases may be included after consulting with facility manager.
Fees & Policies
- Trained On-Campus UT Users: $18/hr
- Higher Education/State Agencies: $61/hr
- Corporate Users: $110/hr