Information the equipment can provide
The ATM 300 STM is capable of atomic resolution on Au(111) in air.
- Scanning Tunneling Spectroscopy capabilities
- 0.5 Angstroms resolution in (x,y) and 0.05 Angstroms resolution in z
- Tunneling current <1pA
- Bias voltage: ±1V or ±10V with 10 turn potentiometer resolution
- Sample size: 16mm dia (image area: 6mm dia)
Fees & Policies
- Trained On-Campus UT Users: $28/h
- Higher Ed/State Agencies: $42/h
- Corporate Users: $100/h
Facility User Education
To become a user of this instrument please contact Dr. Raluca Gearba. External/Corporate users must contact CNM to setup an account before attending facility user education classes.