Information the equipment can provide
The system can be used to fabricate and characterize multilayer films with precise control of lateral packing density.
Model: KSV MiniTrough
- PTFE trough with a surface area of 273 cm^2 (L364 x W75 x D7 mm^3), a dipping well (L37 x W37 x D64 mm^3) and a subphase volume of 280 ml
- Hydrophobic (PTFE) and hydrophilic barriers (polyacetal or Delfrin) are used to adjust the surface pressure. Barrier speed: 0.01 mm to 400 mm/min
- The surface pressure is measured by using the Wilhelmy plate method (Pt plate or paper). The total measurement range ofthe balance is +/- 2000 mg. The width of the platinum Wilhelmy plate has been chosen so that 1 mN/m corresponds to 4 mg
- A fiducial camera allows inspection and image capture of patterns and drops as well as alignment for multilayer processes.
- The deposition system consists of a dipping arm with a speed range between 0.1 to 85 mm/min
- Monolayers and multilayers transfers
- Software controlled operation
- Max size of substrate 60 x 35 mm
Fees & Policies
- Trained On-Campus UT Users: $30/h
- Higher Ed/State Agencies: $51/h
- Corporate Users: $65/h
Facility User Education
To become a user of this instrument please sign up for the next available NT201 facility user education class. Please contact the facility manager for specific instrument training. External/Corporate users must contact the facility manager to setup an account before attending facility user education classes.
NT201 Cleanroom Safety Fee: $27.00