Information the equipment can provide
The FEI Strata™ DB235 is a dual beam SEM/FIB system combing a scanning electron microscope (SEM) with thermal emission tip for high resolution imaging and a focused ion beam (FIB) with gallium metal ion beam source for nanoscale cutting. The system is capable of:
- High Resolution SEM image with resolution ~3 nm
- Nanoscale cutting of structures using focused ion beam while simultaneously monitoring the progress using SEM.
- Gas injection system for metal deposition (electron or ion beam induced deposition)
- TEM sample preparation
The Zyvex S100 is a manipulation and testing tool used with a focused ion beam (FIB) system for micro- and nanoscale research and development applications.
Fees & Policies
- Trained On-Campus UT Users: $66/h
- Higher Ed/State Agencies: $137/h
- Corporate Users: $380/h
Facility User Education
To become a user of this instrument please sign up for the next available NT203 facility user education class. External/Corporate users must contact CNM to setup an account before attending facility user education classes.